RYT 200 Level
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training | January – October 2020
This is an in-depth program that aims to give you a solid foundation and build your confidence as a teacher. It will cover the areas of asana, pranayama, meditation, philosophy, anatomy and physiology.
Erika Shapiro, founder and director of yogiyoga and an SYT teacher registered with YAP (UK) will deliver at least 70% of the course. Belinda Chapman and visiting teachers will deliver the anatomy and physiology.
The yogiyoga teacher training diploma is a 200 hour foundation course, registered with Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK). It will run from January 2020 to October 2020 over 10 consecutive months.
The course will teach students to deliver a hatha or vinyasa flow class, which is mindful and alignment focused. Students will learn to theme and prepare well- rounded classes.
Your Teaching Team
Senior Yoga Teacher
Erika teaches vinyasa flow, as well as restorative and Yin. Her Yin studies have been through workshops with Sarah Powers and Paul Grilley, as well as completing Norman Blair’s advanced Yin training. She has a strong interest in meditation and particularly in mindfulness practices. She has been running CPD courses for teachers in their first years of teaching, as well as mentoring teachers on a one to one basis and is passionate about supporting teachers on their path, as they train, but also once they are trained.
Yoga Teacher & Classical Dancer
She has practiced for over 10 years running Yoga classes in London and Devon along with retreat centres / health and yoga studios and private 1 to1 sessions for clients. She tailors her classes to the needs of each group being sensitive to age, body restrictions and contraindications. Having a grounding in classical ballet her focus is on alignment and technique, creating the foundations for a healthy long term practice; encouraging clients to understand their own bodies and deepen their understanding of yoga.
She teaches Hatha and vinyasa flow classes incorporating core stability based exercises to enhance a grounded practice.
Yoga Teacher & Osteopath
Jessica will be assisting our programme by sharing a depth of anatomy & physiology knowledge – this was not only gained through study as an Osteopath, but from years of teaching, learning from other teachers / experts and previously sharing her knowledge on other teacher training sessions.
Appreciating that for new teachers, who may not come from a background in health care or movement, anatomy and physiology can be a very overwhelming topic – Jessica will strive to make the sessions visual, practical and relevant to both the yoga studio and your safety as a teacher.
Our course is a 200 hour yoga teacher training registered with YAP (UK). It aims to provide you with the following:
- The capacity to teach yoga in gyms, studios and one to one to practitioners in their first years of practice.
- A foundation in the understanding of yoga philosophy and psychology and integrating it into a yoga class.
- A solid foundation in anatomy and physiology and how to cater for common injuries.
- The ability to teach basic pranayama and meditation techniques.
- Developing and delivering verbal and gentle manual adjustments.
- The ability to sequence asanas and build class themes integrating asana, philosophy, pranayama and meditation.
- The ability to teach a variety of classes, with numerous themes.
- The ability to structure and deliver a balanced and sound class to students of different abilities.
- Business skills to run your own yoga business.
The training is run over a 10 month period and will be run over 10 weekends, consisting of Saturdays and Sundays, as well as 2 Fridays (the first and last weekend), for a total of 22 days of training. There will also be ongoing reading, as well as written and practical assessments to be carried out following each module.
Each module will consist of asana practice, pranayama, teaching and sequencing skills, theme building, anatomy, yoga philosophy and meditation practice.
Course Modules / Dates
Module 1 – January 10-12
Working from the ground up, building a solid base to our practice and teaching.
Feet, hands, legs.
An introduction to physiology.
Module 2 – February 15-16
Exploring balance, potential and creativity: balancing steadiness and ease in our practice.
The Pelvis and lower back.
Module 3 – March 14-15
The ethics of teaching, developing knowledge of self and learning to hold space for others.
Module 4 – April 4-5
Teaching yoga from the heart: a heart-centered practice.
Understanding the nervous system and an introduction to physiology.
Module 5 – May 16-17
Refining our confidence and verbal skills: stepping into the role of the teacher.
The upper body: chest, shoulders, neck, throat.
Module 6 – June 13-14
Bringing the practice together; delivering a well rounded class.
The body as whole: understanding the basics of fascia.
Module 7 – July 11-12
Yoga, universal consciousness, the yogic path.
The body as a whole: Understanding myofascial continuities.
Module 8 August 15-16
Working with a diverse population: inclusive yoga.
Integrating pregnant and post-natal ladies into class, common injuries, teaching safely, hyper-mobility, teaching inversions.
Module 9 – September 19-20
Yoga in a fast-paced world: the art of relaxation and release.
Integrating restorative, meditation, mindfulness, relaxation into class.
Module 10 – October 16-18
Final assessment weekend
Following completion of our online application form, successful applicants will be invited for an interview and we will confirm your acceptance on the course following this and any further information required.
You will need to have a minimum of 2 years practice and 2 references (one from a yoga teacher who has known you for at least 12 months).
- It is important that you are able to find time for the required commitment to this course. A yoga teacher training requires a significant time commitment and it is important that you are able to dedicate that time.
- There will be a requirement to complete assignments after each module.
- Any module missed will need to be made up for through one to one sessions at a cost of £40 per hour.
Cost of full course: £2790 paid upfront (£500 upon application and the rest 60 days before the start of the course), or a deposit payment of £500 (followed by 10 instalments of £240).
We have an early bird discount of £300 for those who pay in full before November 1st, 2019.
Course Terms & Conditions
Students will need to have had 2 years of continued and consistent practice experience before they embark on the teacher training course. We will need one reference from your main teacher to confirm you have been practicing consistently.
The course is limited to 12 participants and spaces on the course will be offered on a first come first served basis after an interview and confirmation of acceptance on the course.
A deposit of £500 is required at the time of enrolment and after the participant has formally been offered a space on the course. The outstanding amount of £2290 for the course shall be paid 60 days before the start of the course or in 10 instalments of £240, with the first instalment starting 60 days before the starting date of the course.
We do reserve the right to refuse a space to students who have not paid the required fees by the required date.
All fees for the course and any additional private fees must be paid in full before a graduation certificate can be released.
What is included/what is not included
– Training and assessment by a qualified Yoga Alliance Professionals Senior Yoga Teacher
– Dedicated anatomy sessions by qualified professionals
– Manuals and other paperwork to deliver the sessions
– Meals (feel free to bring packed lunches or enjoy the local cafes)
– Insurance (you can get this from Yoga Alliance Professionals for just £10 if you reside in the UK)
– A Certificate (paying the fees does not guarantee you a certificate as you will need to successfully pass all assignments and attend a minimum of 80% of the course + any catch-up hours for the sessions you may have missed)
Upon signing up to the Teacher Training course, your name, email address and phone number will be forwarded to our accrediting body, Yoga Alliance Professionals YAP, and you will get a free membership with YAP for the duration of you course. Residents of the UK and Ireland are eligible to add Trainee insurance for the duration of their course (£10 UK, £20 Ireland)
We reserve the right to amend any of the above conditions at any point throughout the course.
Refund Policy Guidelines
Payment deposit dates
The deposit will need to be paid upon acceptance on the course and will confirm your
space. The deposit is non-refundable and will not be refunded under any circumstance.
Pulling out of the course
Once you have enrolled on the course and paid your deposit, you will be liable to pay for the full cost of the course unless you cancel at least 60 days before the start of the course. In that case you will only be liable for the non-refundable deposit of £500. In case of illness or circumstances that do not allow you to continue the current course, we will consider allowing you to catch up on a future course if there is one available. This will however be solely to the discretion of the course provider and for all intents and purposes, you are liable to pay for the full cost of the course, unless granted otherwise by the course provider.
Procedure on how to make a cancelation
All cancelations need to be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org attn: Erika Shapiro. For the timeframe, refer to Refund Policy Guidelines above. If you are leaving due to illness or unforeseen circumstances, please provide a medical certificate or other proof that you cannot continue the course and the teaching team will get back to you with a decision on a possible course of action to take.
Cancellation of course
Course leaders reserve the right to cancel the course at any point. Participants would receive a full refund under those circumstances.
As a student of your training course, I consent to my contact details (name, email and phone number) being passed onto our partners, Yoga Alliance Professionals, so they can contact me directly and invite me to register as a Trainee and Teacher. I understand that I have the option of opting out of this registration process.
Code of Conduct
Thank you for joining our 200 hour diploma course and a warm welcome on our Teacher Training. We hope you enjoy the course and find it useful and informative. In order to maintain high standards and ensure that we keep our good reputation, it is important that you reach a certain minimum standard. Whenever we feel this is not the case, we will talk to you personally and try to put things right. The assessments are on a continuous basis and you will receive feedback on your progress. Students who do not meet the minimum requirements will be asked to improve on the areas of weakness, and demonstrate that they have done this, before being issued a certificate.
This Code of Conduct is a summation and declaration of acceptable, ethical and professional behaviour by which all Yoga Alliance Professionals Registered Yoga Teachers agree to conduct the teaching and business of yoga.
As a registrant of the yogiyoga 200 hour teacher Training, I agree to uphold the ethical goals set forth in the following code of conduct:
To ensure safe and effective teaching is available to the public.
- To provide the public with access to safe and effective yoga teachers.
- To maintain and uphold the traditions of Hatha Yoga, to teach yoga from the experience of these traditions and to disseminate these teachings to anyone, from any background, without discrimination of any type, who earnestly desires to follow these traditions.
- Uphold the integrity of my vocation by conducting myself in a professional and conscientious manner.
- Acknowledge the limitations of my skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment or direction.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
- Encourage diversity actively by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion affiliation, or sexual orientation.
- Respect the rights, dignity and privacy of all students.
- Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment.
- Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to my yoga teaching and business.
While on the course, I will support my colleagues and not engage in gossip or put others down in any way. Any personal information that is shared by participants on the course, will remain confidential and will not be shared with others. The course aims to offer a safe space for all participants and this is something I will respect and help cultivate.
I agree to comply with the conditions and requirements as set out in the course curriculum, and accept that failure to do so will disqualify me from any accreditation. I furthermore vow to uphold the standards of the teaching I have been given, and to maintain and promote the good name of yoga at all times. I accept that failure to do so may lead to the annulment of any accreditation obtained from the yogiyoga Teacher Training.
Course and starting date:
Signed and dated:
Online Application Form
The first stage in your application is to fill our Online Application Form.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We acknowledge how important it is to find the right teacher training for each individual. If you have never been to Erika’s classes and would like to try a complimentary class with her and book in a chat, email Erika to arrange a time.