YIN & RESTORATIVE
Restorative, Yin & Mindfulness Training | 48 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course
This training is a specialised training for qualified yoga teachers who want to deepen their knowledge of restorative yoga, yin yoga and mindfulness and take these teachings into their classes.
The training is registered with Yoga Alliance Professionals and is made up of 48 contact hours over 3 weekends, in addition to homework and assignments to be completed in between the sessions.
The programme is spread over 3 months to allow those enrolling on this training plenty of time in between sessions to assimilate the teachings, practice, read and complete any required assignments.
Spaces are limited to 8 students and will ensure an intimate and focused environment where each participant will be able to practice their teaching skills and receive constructive feedback.
This CPD eligible yoga teacher training is registered with YAP (UK). It aims to provide you with the following:
- The differences between yin yoga and restorative
- The foundation of a yin practice
- The foundation of a restorative practice
- The pillars of a mindfulness practice
- An overview of the Daoist energy body
- The subtle body according to yoga philosophy
- The benefits of still practices
- How to work with common injuries and conditions
- An overview of yin and restorative postures
- Practicing, adapting and adjusting yin and restorative postures
- Sequencing theory and practice
- Class theming and preparation
- Participants will receive beautifully presented handouts that will support their future teaching, sequencing, class planning and theming
- Each participant will receive a Certificate upon completion of the course and the assignments
- We will share our lunchtime meal together. A vegetarian dish will be provided. Please bring something to share with the group
UPCOMING COURSE Dates
JANUARY – MARCH 2020
January 25th & 26th, 2020
February 29th & March 1st, 2020
March 28th & 29th, 2020
OCTOBER – DECEMBER 2020
October 3rd & 4th, 2020
November 7th & 8th, 2020
December 5th & 6th, 2020
Sessions will run from 9am to 5pm at yogiyoga London or a nearby venue.
- You will need to have a minimum of a 200 hour foundation teacher training.
- It is important that you are able to find time for the required commitment to this course. A yoga training requires a significant time commitment and it is important that you are able to dedicate that time.
- There will be a requirement to complete assignments after each module.
- Any module missed will need to be made up for through one to one sessions at a cost of £40 per hour.
Cost of full course: £495.00 to be paid in full at booking.
Course Terms & Conditions
You will need to have a minimum of a 200 hour foundation teacher training.
Students will need to have had 2 years of continued and consistent practice experience before they embark on the teacher training course. We will need one reference from your main teacher to confirm you have been practicing consistently.
The course is limited to 8 participants and spaces on the course will be offered on a first come first served basis. Payment will be required upon booking. We may be able to arrange a payment plan for those in need. We do reserve the right to refuse a space to students who have not paid the required fees by the required date. All fees for the course and any additional private fees must be paid in full before a graduation certificate can be released.
What is included/what is not included
– Training and assessment by a qualified Yoga Alliance Professionals Senior Yoga Teacher
– Dedicated sessions by qualified professionals
– Manuals and other paperwork to deliver the sessions
– Meals (feel free to bring packed lunches or enjoy the local cafes)
– Insurance (you can get this from Yoga Alliance Professionals for just £10 if you reside in the UK)
– A Certificate (paying the fees does not guarantee you a certificate as you will need to successfully pass all assignments and attend a minimum of 80% of the course + any catch-up hours for the sessions you may have missed)
We reserve the right to amend any of the above conditions at any point throughout the course.
Refund Policy Guidelines
Payment deposit dates
The deposit will need to be paid upon acceptance on the course and will confirm your space. The deposit is non-refundable and will not be refunded under any circumstance.
Pulling out of the course
Once you have enrolled on the course and paid your deposit, you will be liable to pay for the full cost of the course unless you cancel at least 60 days before the start of the course. In that case you will receive a 50% refund. In case of illness or circumstances that do not allow you to continue the current course, we will consider allowing you to catch up on a future course if there is one available. This will however be solely to the discretion of the course provider and for all intents and purposes, you are liable to pay for the full cost of the course, unless granted otherwise by the course provider.
Procedure on how to make a cancelation
All cancelations need to be made in writing to email@example.com attn: Erika Shapiro. For the timeframe, refer to Refund Policy Guidelines above. If you are leaving due to illness or unforeseen circumstances, please provide a medical certificate or other proof that you cannot continue the course and the teaching team will get back to you with a decision on a possible course of action to take.
Cancellation of course
Course leaders reserve the right to cancel the course at any point. Participants would receive a full refund under those circumstances.
As a student of your training course, I consent to my contact details (name, email and phone number) being passed onto our partners, Yoga Alliance Professionals. I understand that I have the option of opting out of this registration process.
Code of Conduct
Thank you for joining our 200 hour diploma course and a warm welcome on our Teacher Training. We hope you enjoy the course and find it useful and informative. In order to maintain high standards and ensure that we keep our good reputation, it is important that you reach a certain minimum standard. Whenever we feel this is not the case, we will talk to you personally and try to put things right. The assessments are on a continuous basis and you will receive feedback on your progress. Students who do not meet the minimum requirements will be asked to improve on the areas of weakness, and demonstrate that they have done this, before being issued a certificate.
This Code of Conduct is a summation and declaration of acceptable, ethical and professional behaviour by which all Yoga Alliance Professionals Registered Yoga Teachers agree to conduct the teaching and business of yoga.
As a registrant of the yogiyoga 200 hour teacher Training, I agree to uphold the ethical goals set forth in the following code of conduct:
To ensure safe and effective teaching is available to the public.
- To provide the public with access to safe and effective yoga teachers.
- To maintain and uphold the traditions of Hatha Yoga, to teach yoga from the experience of these traditions and to disseminate these teachings to anyone, from any background, without discrimination of any type, who earnestly desires to follow these traditions.
- Uphold the integrity of my vocation by conducting myself in a professional and conscientious manner.
- Acknowledge the limitations of my skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment or direction.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
- Encourage diversity actively by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion affiliation, or sexual orientation.
- Respect the rights, dignity and privacy of all students.
- Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment.
- Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to my yoga teaching and business.
While on the course, I will support my colleagues and not engage in gossip or put others down in any way. Any personal information that is shared by participants on the course, will remain confidential and will not be shared with others. The course aims to offer a safe space for all participants and this is something I will respect and help cultivate.
I agree to comply with the conditions and requirements as set out in the course curriculum, and accept that failure to do so will disqualify me from any accreditation. I furthermore vow to uphold the standards of the teaching I have been given, and to maintain and promote the good name of yoga at all times. I accept that failure to do so may lead to the annulment of any accreditation obtained from the yogiyoga Teacher Training.
Course and starting date:
Signed and dated:
We acknowledge how important it is to find the right teacher training for each individual. If you have never been to Erika’s classes and would like to try a complimentary class with her and book in a chat, email Erika to arrange a time.